Devon County FA are seeking to recruit a Designated Safeguarding Officer to carry out all aspects of the work in this key role within our organisation.
To join the team and be successful, the individual must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the role on offer and how their expertise and experience will enable them to meet the essential and desirable criteria within the role.
The interview panel must be convinced of the individual’s passion, inspiration, and professionalism for the role.
The successful applicant will report to the Chief Executive Officer (Senior Safeguarding Lead).
Applicants should be computer literate, ideally have a football interest though not essential, with presentation and communication skills capable of carrying out and implementing administration systems.
The successful applicant will be joining our friendly Football Development team.
- To support delivery of Devon FA’s Business Strategy and The FA Grassroots Football Strategy.
- To manage the Devon FA safeguarding work, in line with legislation, FA safeguarding policy, procedures, regulations, standards and guidance.
- Supporting the Devon County FA Safeguarding Board Champion and providing monthly reports
- To manage safeguarding and child protection concerns in a timely manner and in line with FA requirements and guidance.
- To significantly contribute to implementing and maintaining The FA’s 365 Standard for County FAs and driving safer practice in grassroots football.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
The full Designated Safeguarding Office role profile can be downloaded here
Hours of work are Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (8hrs per day + 45 min break) – 36.25hrs per week, however as we work in sport with a volunteer workforce, some evening and weekend work will be required. Salary will be up to £22,000 subject to experience and there will be a six-month probationary period for this role.
We are committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk, and anyone working with us will be required to follow our safeguarding policies.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
What can we offer?
• An exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking, progressive business
• A chance to work with key stakeholders within the grassroots and professional game
• A commitment to empowered and supportive personal development
• A Workplace Pension Scheme
• 20 days’ annual leave as standard
• Additional leave after 5, years’ service
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Access to FA Cup Final & England tickets at Wembley
• Free Nike Staff Uniform every year
To apply, please a up to date Curriculum Vitae and covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role either email: email@example.com or post to the address as follows:
Strictly Private & Confidential,
County Development Manager
Devon County FA
Closing date for applications is: Noon on Thursday 5th May 2022
Interviews will take place on week beginning: Monday 16th May 2022
Two references, one of which must be from the applicant’s current/most recent employer where possible, will be requested.
We pride ourselves on being an employer who are committed to supporting candidates with disabilities throughout our recruitment and selection process. We have a dedicated team to support any employee with a disability. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We believe that football belongs to, and should be enjoyed by, anyone who wants to participate in it. We are committed to promoting equality within the business in every aspect of its work and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds, cultures, beliefs, and experiences to apply for this role, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
If any questions arise about the role or clarity is required on the recruitment pack, please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org