FA Junior Football Leaders Course
Minimum Age: 12
Course Duration: Minimum 34 guided learning hours
Price: £160.00View available dates
Developing leadership within the game and beyond
The FA Junior Football Leaders Award, awarded by FA Education, provides a basic introduction to the leadership skills required when involved in football. The course introduces four areas: assisting football activity sessions, an introduction to refereeing, helping with a team and different football events. In addition to these areas, Respect, promoting and developing the game are embedded.
- How to get involved in Football
- Getting involved and helping those involved to ‘get better’
- Creating a safe learning environment
- Organising games
- Introduction to the basics of FUNdamentals
- Preparing to referee
- Whistle techniques and introduction to Ball In, Ball Out
- Safety of the players and re-starts to the game
- Preparing for the game
- Warm-up prior to the game
- Organising and managing players expectations
- An introduction to three different formats of competition
- Using these in a practical setting
The aim of the course is to provide learners with a basic understanding of leadership skills that may be used within the game and beyond.
We adhere to a strict cancellation policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions.
Thinking of becoming a Referee?
Or are you a qualified Referee looking for information on development opportunities and support? If so, you’ve come to the right place! This section of our website is dedicated to providing you with useful information on refereeing.