Walking Football is a new and developing form of the beautiful game for all ages. It's able to challenge participants while providing the physical and mental benefits of exercise. Fundamentally, it is just your regular kick-about with one key rule; running is a foul.
By removing running and jogging, the speed of thinking and passing is not slowed but, the impact of movement on joints and muscles is reduced. This reduces the chance of injury while playing.
Starting in 2018, walking football has grown season on season in Devon. We now have 20 teams who compete in the Taking Care Devon Walking Football league, and have fixtures once a month throughout the footballing season. A finals day is then run at the end of each season, at Devon FA Headquarters in Newton Abbot. This is usually at the end of May.
Walking football is perfect:
- If you enjoy a challenge
- If you want to improve fitness
- If you hung your boots up years ago but miss playing
- If you have suffered injury and have been told by your doctor or physio to start becoming active again
- If you have never played football before and want to learn
- If you want to get your old team mates to get back together
- If you are looking to lose some weight
- If you enjoy a good laugh
Sessions are open to ALL Ages 50+ with no membership required... just turn up and play as you go! You can come on your own or with friends or a team.
Devon County Walking Football League
Sponsored by: Taking Care
Click here to find your local JustPlay session
View the league table