This position of Football Development Officer, Facilities and Investment will be integral to developing football through throughout the County.
The role will be working with our partners to raise the standards or grass pitches and increase the funding be accessed by our clubs, facility providers and stakeholders. As well as improving facilities across the County this position will drive the use of data across the company to shape future work and strategy
The position reports directly to our Chief Operating Officer and will encompass hitting targets that relate to all goals of The FA National Game Strategy and our 2021-24 strategy.
To apply you need to be of graduate calibre, have experience in sports / football development and an understanding of the FA’s National Game Strategy. You need to be passionate about and committed to the development of football at a local level. You must be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Candidates must be good administrators and be able to demonstrate both team working and the ability to work unsupervised. Candidates should also have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. You need also to have a current driving licence and be able to work evenings and weekends.
The successful applicant will be joining our friendly Football Development team.
- To support delivery of The FA Grassroots Football Strategy and the Devon County FA Business Strategy.
- To ensure that every affiliated football fixture is played on a ‘good’ quality pitch.
- To identify and activate priority projects for Football Foundation investment in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) via Local Football Facility Plans.
- To protect existing football facilities from planning applications that may impact football provision in conjunction with the COO.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of The FA’s Safeguarding Operating Standard for County FAs.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
THE FULL APPLICATION PACK CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE
Hours of work are Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (8hrs per day + 45 min break) – 36.25hrs per week, however as we work in sport with a volunteer workforce, some evening and weekend work will be required. Salary will be between £20,000 - £22,000 subject to experience and there will be a six-month probationary period for this role.
We are committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk, and anyone working with us will be required to follow our safeguarding policies.
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate may be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
What can we offer?
• An exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking, progressive business
• A chance to work with key stakeholders within the grassroots and professional game
• A commitment to empowered and supportive personal development
• A Workplace Pension Scheme
• 20 days’ annual leave as standard
• Additional leave after 5, years’ service
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free Nike Staff Uniform every year
To apply for the role, please send a up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Tuesday 21st June at Noon and complete an anonymous Equal Opportunities Form by clicking here. Please note that no applications will be accepted after this date.
Alternatively you can post your application to:
Strictly Private & Confidential,
Chief Operating Officer
Devon County FA
Closing date for applications is: Noon on Tuesday 21st June 2022.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 6th July 2022.
Two references, one of which must be from the applicant’s current/most recent employer where possible, will be requested.
We pride ourselves on being an employer who are committed to supporting candidates with disabilities throughout our recruitment and selection process. We have a dedicated team to support any employee with a disability. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support your application, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We believe that football belongs to, and should be enjoyed by, anyone who wants to participate in it. We are committed to promoting equality within the business in every aspect of its work and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds, cultures, beliefs, and experiences to apply for this role, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnership.
We are encouraging all applicants to complete our Equality Survey, which can be found here.
If any questions arise about the role or clarity is required on the recruitment pack, please contact; firstname.lastname@example.org