Sport England Community Emergency Fund
Sport England are making up to £195million of funding available to help the sport and physical activity sector through the ongoing Covid-19 crisis.
The new fund aims to help community sport and physical activity organisations who are experiencing short-term financial hardship or the ceasing of operations due to the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, including football leagues and clubs.
The package is made up of the following:
- A £20 million Community Emergency Fund, which is now open for clubs and community organisations to bid into. Grants between £300 and £10,000 are available
- A £5 million pot for our existing partners to bid into if they're facing specific financial difficulty
- An additional £55 million to support our sector during an ongoing period of restrictions, to fund new and innovative ways to keep people active and, when the period of restrictions is over, to help organisations get back to business and adjust to a different environment
- A £115 million rollover of current funding into 2021/22 to give long term certainty to over 100 well-established partners who play a vital role in the delivery of sport and physical activity in England.
Grants from £300 - £10,000 are available, and clubs / leagues can apply until 31st July.
Applications will be processed by Sport England in 7-10 days. Applications will only be accepted if all other Government support has been exhausted.
Given cashflow concerns in the sector, Sport England have also agreed to consider requests to release six months of the coming year’s funding (50% of awards) to their partners, meaning additional funding will be available sooner.
The following criteria can be covered by Sport England's funding:
- Utility Costs
- Facility or Equipment Hire
- Core Staff Costings
- Retrospective losses dating from 1st March 2020
READ MORE ON THE SPORT ENGLAND WEBSITE
CURRENT SUPPORT FOR BUSINESSES DURING COVID-19