The Football Association is looking to appoint 2 Coach Mentors, covering the following locations in Devon – to an extent we are flexible within these boundaries:
- North Devon and/or Torridge
- Exeter and/or East, Mid & West Devon
They will work with specific projects, supporting:
• FA Charter Standard Clubs
• Specific target groups (BAME, Female and Disability)
• Grassroots Clubs
• League Support
• Post Qualification Support
FA Coach mentors are recruited on a part-time self-employed basis to deliver a minimum 100 hours of mentoring support to grassroots coaches across a 12 month period. Mentors will provide quality targeted support that challenges coaches to excel in their work and enhance coaching standards nationally. These hours can in general be delivered flexibly, however there would of course be some expectation that you are available to support local coaches and clubs at their usual training slots.
The aim of the Mentoring programme is;
• To support the development of coaches in Grassroots football leaving a lasting legacy
• To work with Clubs to identify the needs of coaches
• To mentor and support coaches
• To observe, provide feedback and create action plans for clubs and individuals
• To develop and deliver a programme of support for coaches across the 4 corners
• To support coach development, focusing upon the knowledge, skills and attributes to be an effective coach
• To support and develop reflection skills
• To deliver individual, bespoke club based events to support the learning of coaches
The mentoring programme will meet the needs of coaches at a local level, promoting and cascading the principles of the England DNA, as well as linking with The FA Respect programme.
We now seek applications from perspective mentors with the right credentials, knowledge, skills attributes and time to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches.
If you wish to be considered for one of the Coach Mentor positions please click here to complete the application form and attach your CV. Please note that only electronic applications will be accepted. Unfortunately, as we will not be able to respond to everyone individually if you do not hear from us by 28th June 2019, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Wednesday 12th June 2019.
Interviews are scheduled to take place within the region on 18th June, at Devon County Football Association.
Please see below, links to the Job Profile and Job Advert
FA Coach Mentor Profile 2019
Devon FA Coach Mentor Advert 2019