The Football Association is looking to appoint Coach Mentors to support local County Football Associations.
They will work with specific projects, supporting:
- FA Charter Standard Clubs
- Specific target groups (BAME, Female and Disability)
- Grassroots Clubs
- League Support
- Post Qualification Support
You would be working on a part-time basis, on a minimum 100 hour contract for the season and will each provide agreed hours of mentoring support, across a 12 month period. Mentors will provide quality targeted support that challenges coaches to excel in their work and enhance coaching standards nationally.
The aim of the Mentoring programme is;
- To support the development of coaches in Grassroots football leaving a lasting legacy
- To work with Clubs to identify the needs of coaches
- To mentor and support coaches
- To observe, provide feedback and create action plans for clubs and individuals
- To develop and deliver a programme of support for coaches across the 4 corners
- To support coach development, focusing upon the knowledge, skills and attributes to be an effective coach
- To support and develop reflection skills
- To deliver individual, bespoke club based events to support the learning of coaches
The mentoring programme will meet the needs of coaches at a local level, promoting and cascading the principles of the England DNA, as well as linking with The FA Respect programme.
We now seek applications from perspective mentors with the right credentials, knowledge, skills attributes and time to provide mentoring opportunities for coaches.
Job locations are “Plymouth” and “Exeter and/or East Devon”
If you wish to be considered for one of the Coach Mentor positions please download the application form here then please click here to complete the online application form and attach your CV. Please note that only electronic applications will be accepted. Unfortunately, as we will not be able to respond to everyone individually if you do not hear from us by Friday 9th November 2018, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 26th October. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Interviews are scheduled to take place within the region on 31st October 9am – 2pm at Devon County Football Association.
Following interview, successful candidates accepted as a FA Coach Mentor will be required to attend a 1 day training / familiarisation session at St Georges Park on December 8th (for which no fee will be payable). Please note that it is essential that you attend this date prior to being appointed as an FA Coach Mentor.
No further Interview or Induction dates will be available this year, therefore please only apply if you are able to commit to attend these dates. If you have any queries please contact us on email@example.com