Aged 16 - 24? Want to create a football related project but need funding to get it off the ground? If you can say yes to both questions The FA National Game Youth Council want to hear from you.
The Football Legacy Fund, in its 2nd year, is an initiative created by The FA National Game Youth Council to provide opportunities for young people to take ownership of a project in order to increase or sustain participation in football within their club, school, college, university or community.
2013 is a big year for The FA marking its 150 years anniversary and The FA National Game Youth Council want to fund more projects, support more individuals and cultivate the next generation of footballing talent.
Successful applicants will be supported by a member(s) of The FA National Game Youth Council, who will assist with the delivery of the project.
The 2013 application window closes at 5pm on Monday 1st April 2013.
Project lead (applicant) must be aged 16 – 24.
- Project must support growth and retention of football players (aged 5 – 24) and/or football volunteers (aged 14 – 24).
- Project must be lead / driven by young people for young people.
- Applications must have an adult reference.
- Projects must have a clear legacy of children and young people participating regularly in Football.
- Projects must be delivered by 31st August 2013.
- Applicants can apply for between £200 – £400 in funding through the Football Legacy Fund.
- Projects can be new or can be to sustain an on-going football programme or team.
- Applicants must commit to completing a FLF monitoring project plan / checklist.
- Applicants must commit to completing post project feedback forms and news article(s).
- Evidence must be provided that there is a need/demand for the football project.
- Applicants must provide clear and detailed project budget plan.
- Between £200 and £400 in funding.
- Planning support from a designated FA National Game Youth Council representative.
- Article on www.TheFA.com showcasing your successful project.
- Honoured on the Football Legacy Fund online ‘Wall of Fame’.
- One selected project will be presented with the ‘Football Legacy Fund’ award at The FA Football Futures Recognition Awards in October 2013 at Wembley Stadium.
- The opportunity to develop football in your community.
You have the idea and we provide the funding and support; together we can take your project to the next level.
To keep up to date with news from The FA National Game Youth Council follow us on Twitter @TheFaNYC or find us on Facebook under FA Football Futures.
Please visit TheFA.com to download your application form or email FootballLegacyFund@TheFA.com for more information.