This course has been designed by The FA to equip you with the critical skills you’ll need to be a coach mentor.
An effective coach mentor provides on-the-ground support to coaches in their own environment, working with them to identify their specific development needs to then support their learning through feedback, new ideas and guidance.
If you’re an aspiring mentor or are already in a position where you are supporting a coach’s development, this course has been designed by The FA to equip you with the critical skills you’ll need for the role.
It’ll take you through the role of the mentor, help you develop the key interpersonal and reflective skills you’ll need, as well as show how you can introduce a coach-centred approach.
- Understand the role of a mentor and principles of effective mentoring
- Understand and appreciate the interpersonal skills required of a mentor
- Explore strategies for mentoring
- Understand mentoring assessment, feedback and goal setting processes
- Consider the importance of reflection as a tool for learning
- Explore CPD and opportunities for mentors to consider their future development