Small sided football encompasses Futsal, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, 7v7 & Beach Soccer. Wherever you are around the county, there is an opportunity to play Small Sided Football, just make sure that when you do play in organised small sided leagues that they are appropriately affiliated to The FA.
Just some of the benefits to involvement in small-sided affiliated leagues are:
- Recognition from the players that the competition is taking place under the auspices of the National Governing Body for Football. This will assist in the promotion and recruitment of Teams and Officials.
- Entry into the FA Futsal Cup for FA Futsal Fives teams.
- Access to the FA Small Sided Development Fund.
- If the competition is affiliated to the FA or County Football Association it will be subject to the FA's disciplinary process. These will provide an additional safeguard to players and officials.
- Access to FA Qualified Referees. FA Qualified Referees are only permitted to officiate in affiliated football and any insurance they carry is not applicable in the unaffiliated competitions.
- Only affiliated competitions are in a position to recruit additional referees through running the FA Small Sided Referees Qualification.
- Affiliated competitions have the opportunity to use 'Full Time' at FA.com - the Football Association's official FREE website for league administration.
- National Providers of Small Sided Football are invited to regular industry seminars at the FA, whilst a growing number of County FA's are increasing their membership benefits and provide representative rights within the County FA structure.
Please click here for a list of all our current small sided affiliated providers.
To set up a new league or affiliate an existing small sided league, please click here.