Disability Football has grown in Devon, and there are many opportunities to play around the County, including many inclusive clubs for children, adults, and women’s players. Devon FA’s Disability Football facebook and twitter pages have current information, fliers and photos.
Devon FA runs and supports a number of Disability Football initiatives across the county including:
- Devon Ability Counts Disability Football League
- Centre’s of Excellence for talented players with a disability
- Training Courses
- Deaf Friendly Football Clubs
- South West Powerchair Football League
- Exeter Downs Syndrome Football Programme
- Plymouth Monthly Mental Health Football Tournaments (contact email@example.com)
- Torbay Monthly Mental Health Football Tournaments (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Devon FA has also been able to support the development of Pan-Disability Football sessions in new areas across the county to localise Football opportunities for people with disabilities. This has been supported by the Disability Football Development Fund (DFDF) and working with FA Charter Standard Clubs. The new activities for adults and children with disabilities have been created in Pinhoe (Exeter), Devonport (Plymouth), Ashburton, Honiton (male and female), Exeter (Female), Exmouth, Totnes, Kingsbridge, Ivybridge, Torquay, Tavistock and Barnstaple (Female).
For more information about disability football please contact:
Ash Harris – Disability Football Development Officer
Disability Talent Development
The FA support a number of international football teams for players with a disability. The Great Britain Cerebral Palsy and Blind Football teams compete at Paralympic Level, and there are International Competitions for the England Partially Sighted, Learning Disability, Power Chair, Amputee, and Deaf teams.
For young players there are a number of opportunities at a local and regional level, to help develop skills and provide an opportunity to progress. These include:
- Devon Disability Player Development Centre
- South West Partially Sighted Centre of Excellence
- South West Deaf Centre of Excellence
- South West Cerebral Palsy Centre of Excellence
2017 ENGLAND TALENT DAY
In March 2017, we’re running an England Talent Day for all impairment groups which is free of charge and open to all ages between 11 – 16 years. This is an open event for males and females with opportunities to join local inclusive Football clubs and potentially a 6 week Talent Programme.
Online booking can be found in the below website link and player registration forms can be found attached to the bottom of this page, as downloads.