It recognises club's commitment to player and coach development, welfare and respect in the game. Charter Standard Clubs can also nominate people or be put forward for the Devon FA annual community awards.
There are several benefits of being a Charter Standard Club, and there are 4 levels of award:
• Adult Club – Equal opportunity clubs with an appointed First Aider for each team
• Youth Club – Child friendly clubs with a qualified coach for each team and a Club Welfare Officer
• Development Club – Clubs with 5 or more teams and a Level 2 club head coach
• Community Club – Clubs with 10 or more teams, including a female team
Annual Health Check
To support clubs in maintaining standards of The FA Charter Standard programme, an annual health check process is undertaken by all FA Charter Standard Clubs. This requests information about the coaches and volunteers within the club together and other areas of Charter Standard criteria. The information gathered year on year will be maintained to help build a greater picture of the volunteer structure at your club so we know what further support you need.
See our guidance booklet for more information on how to compelte the annual health check. Also, for help with accessing and using Member Services see the 'Members Services User Guide' below.
For more information on Charter Standard contact David Carpenter, Senior Football Development Officer, Tel: 01626 323562, Mob: 07792 634577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annual Health Check Guidance
- Members Services User Guide
- Charter Standard Benefits
- Nike Partnership Clubs Offer
- Free Legal Helpline for Clubs & Leagues
- Template Club Constitution
- Template Club Equality Policy NEW
- Template Safeguarding Children Policy